Tuesday 25 September 2018

Lemons

My Meyer lemon bush has been outside all summer. I've thinned out some of the branches and taken cuttings. I don't know why I never thought to do it before because the bush is precious to me. It was a present from my father over thirty years ago and it always crops well. 
Flowers and new fruit are constantly forming. Some of the leaves have turned rather yellow so I've taken off quite a lot of ripened fruit, brought the bush into the greenhouse and given it some feed.
I love the taste of lemon and use it a lot in cooking. Magic lemon pudding is a family favourite and its quick and easy to make. 
The 'magic' element is that while the surface of the pudding is cake-like after cooking, the middle remains moist and when you spoon into it, functions as a sauce.
Magic Lemon Pudding
Ingredients
2 lemons, grated rind and juice
2oz butter
3oz sugar
2 eggs, separated
2oz flour
scant 1/2 pint milk.

Cream together the butter and sugar.  Add the beaten egg yolks and some of the flour, then milk, lemon and the rest of the flour. Whisk the egg whites 'til stiff and fold into the lemon mixture.
Bake 30 - 40 mins at gas mark 4.

2 comments:

  1. I love my citrus trees and have propagated them. I will have to move them to a room with grow lights for the winter. I use a chelated iron when the leaves get mottled and yellow. My crop won't be ready until November when I will juice them all and freeze it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing valuable information nice post,I enjoyed reading this post.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete