Thursday 4 April 2024

Easter

Illness and unpredictable weather made Easter a very strange affair this year. Older daughter stayed in bed in London and while my cousin's luggage arrived at our house his wife stayed only long enough to find out where the hospital was and spent the next three nights there on a drip. The few remaining who were left hid eggs, looked for eggs, rolled eggs and manfully ate all the chocolate! But cakes have been put in the freezer and cream made into some rather evil lemon curd icecream that will keep until the happy day that we get warmth and sunshine. Our little grandson loves the Easter egg rolling tradition. We played it on repeat until his dad proved to be the outright winner with his egg rolling way ahead of the others and still intact. That's a gold cup for Cadbury's mini eggs and some bavura throwing!
Heavy rain continues and there is little point in doing too much in the garden. My seedlings are languishing indoors and looking spindlier with every passing day. The tea rose, Maricel Neil is flowering in the conservatory but not looking overly happy about it.
The Greek boy is barely visible under the growth of rose and jasmine.
On a happier note, the camellias are still blooming, I think that they at least are enjoying all the rain.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear some of your family have been ill; it sounds rather serious and I hope they are better now.
    Your flowers, even if maybe not overly happy, are still beautiful, and there is just so much GREEN everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, everyone is back to normal health, but it certainly was not an Easter to repeat!
      Everything is bursting into life, my garden certainly seems to be loving all the rainfall.

      Delete
  2. I have no wish to share a soggy garden. I've got one of my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that Tasker, beyond my control! I've posted something sunnier today.

      Delete
  3. Oh dear, lots of rain as well as illness would not lead to a happy Easter. I hope everyone is on the mend. Could do with some of your rain although I suppose it won't be long before we have too much as we head to winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Easter was somewhat stressful, but all well now.
      I'm sure that come summer I shall be wittering on about a lack of rainfall! In an ideal world it should rain at night while I'm asleep and then be dry and bright throughout the day!

      Delete