Thursday 27 June 2019

Picking, picking...

The rain has stopped and I'm out in the garden picking, not just fruit and veg but also bugs off the asparagus and lily leaves. We are eating well - possibly a little too well, but fresh produce is hard to resist!
I had been bemoaning the absence of flowers on the peas but all of a sudden they have arrived, unfortunately along with a strong wind that has blown the tops of the plants over. I'll have to wait and see if it hampers the crop developing.
The flowers are pretty.
The patch of earth in the brassica bed, set aside for me to plant out the swede seedlings, has been taken over by poppies. I haven't the heart to pull them up. They've grown tall enough to get in the way of the washing on my line!
(Why is it that the wind hasn't knocked THEM over?!)
The deer scarer is in place.
CDs dangle from the gloves and spin round catching the light. (I can't complain about the performance of LandsEnd shirts, this one has been on the scarecrow for several years now and is still going strong. Although it could do with a wash.)

Everything is looking very lush.
Roses climbing up the wall of the former game store.
And good weather promised for the weekend. 

16 comments:

  1. And pickling, pickling, pickling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a spectacular garden! Any gooseberries?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loads! They are about the easiest fruit to deal with as they freeze really well and I can top and tail them in the winter when I pull them out of the bag.

      Delete
  3. Looks divine, Rosemary! You can never eat too well, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks great I am looking forward to summer this year.
    Merle.........

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so beautiful! And with fresh fruit and berries, you can never eat too much (unless you are allergic or your tummy gets upset).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happily I'm not allergic. It's a very busy month with so much to harvest.

      Delete
  6. I love your scarecrow! And that bowl of berries looks so delicious! Enjoy the harvest!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He gets more disheveled with every year but seems to be doing a good job. The deer are in the orchard every day but (so far!) haven't attempted the fence!

      Delete
  7. I love coming to your blog; everything is so beautiful. My gardens are not what I wanted them to be because of all the rain, but I am making the most of it and hoping for the best. I picked my first tomatoes and my herbs are also doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are way ahead of me if you are picking tomatoes, Maybe. I hope the rain has now stopped and you are getting some good weather.

      Delete