Thursday 4 July 2019

Summer colour.

With warmth and sunshine this is the most glorious month in the garden, when the plants that you bought, the plants that you inherited and those that you thought you'd bought that turned out to be something different all come in to rioting flower!


I'm so pleased that I didn't pull up the poppies that seeded themselves into the veg garden, even though I can no longer use the washing line. The bees love them and so do I.






The delphiniums are still going strong. They and the foxgloves buzz with insect life.

My little grandson is fascinated by insects. He has a container with a magnified lid so that he can catch an insect and look at it in detail. I photographed the bees in my delphiniums so that I could make a picture for his bedroom wall.
 
Ikea have frames with a deep inset that enable you to create  a more three dimensional image so I made him a collage with some fluttering butterflies. I painted two of his soft toys, Liberty bear and fox for company then tried out various flower options.
 I gave him his own pair of wings and a flight in an aeroplane. 
 Mom and Dad hung the collage above his cot.

There are lots of insects in the picture for him to spot.
It was fun to make.

12 comments:

  1. I am sure your grandson will treasure that picture all of his life. It is wonderful, Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will probably embarrass him as he gets older! I drew and painted my daughters often as they were growing up and used them as models for my work. I doubt that my grandson will be still for long enough for me to do much!

      Delete
  2. What a sweet idea!! Your garden is lovely - the delphiniums, clematis, roses, foxgloves - all so beautiful! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best time of year yo br in the garden, Jenn. Your peony sounds lovely.

      Delete
    2. Gobbledygook! I meant 'to be' in the garden!

      Delete
  3. Your garden is a riot of delicious, Rosemary! So English!! And your grandson's collage is perfectly delightful, with its little Christopher Robin touch and Flying Ace adventure. How lucky he is to have an arty grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He also has an arty dad and grandad. (Happily there is plenty of wall space to fill!)

      Delete
  4. The collage is so great and very thoughtful Rosemary!! :) And your garden!!! So beautiful! I can't wait to have my land to plant my perennial flower garden! We have mostly green all over our world, a few wild flowers are blooming but I'm still waiting on the colour extravaganza! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be on its way, Rain, hang on in there!

      Delete
  5. The second picture of your garden is my favourite here - such an abundance of colour, simply wonderful!
    I love the collage, that is a great gift and I am sure your grandson loves it and will treasure it forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The collage was fun to do and so much easier with most of the imagery just to cut and stick. I folded the butterflies and they create a shadow in sunlight which gives quite a nice effect.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete