Friday 16 June 2023

Heatwave

The heatwave continues, I've been swimming in the sea three times this week. I feel as though I am on my holidays and should soon be packing up and getting on a plane to return home. But no, all we have to do is pop in the car and be 'home' within nine minutes. What a treat! Meanwhile, plants in the garden are crying out for a good drenching. It is pleasant to be outside because so much of our space is shady, with overhanging trees, arches and pergola. I am spending all my time out of doors pootling about, no longer with any veg patch to claim my attention, only a few pots. The only veg I have harvested so far are mangetout and SOMETHING has eaten all the flowers from my climbing French beans! Why does paradise always seem to contain a bit of trouble?

4 comments:

  1. You call those "a few" pots? I would not know where to start - but then I have never had my own garden anyway, so I don't really have the first idea of what needs doing when.
    The last drop of rain we have seen here fell on June 8th, and the next possibility (according to my weather app) of any more is next Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be lost without a bit of earth to scratch in. I can't always claim to know what I'm doing but njoy doing it anyway!

      Delete
  2. I have been wandering around Bath in the heat, smelling roast meats and perfume, also feeling as if I were on holiday. Aren't we lucky?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bath is such a beautiful city. Cannot say the same for Bournemouth. But, yes, we are lucky.

      Delete