Sunday, 2 August 2026
Scarecrows
It is a sociable weekend at the allotment with a produce display and competition, a scarecrow competition and a barbeque. It was another hot day and the allotment site is large so we didn't walk round the whole area. You will see from the photos how parched the ground is.It is hand watering throughout the allotments but some plots are near to the water points. Unfortunately my plot is not! This gentleman standing by his rhubarb patch was my favourite scarecrow. he had been very carefully put together and the message was good humoured; holding his allotment growing for dummies book and a bucket with slug food. I went to have a closer look at him and saw that his head had been constructed from papier mâché.
Not everyone was too bothered about whether their scarecrow had a head! We are all having enough problems keeping plants alive to sacrifice a pumpkin for a head.
Then it was time to join this little girl, suitably dressed in a glittery sunflower design, here with her grandad, and eat a beefburger and salad - and a delicious slice of pineapple cake!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















Those are some very creative scarecrows! I do hope rain falls soon and drenches the thirsty earth. Such a sweet photo of your granddaughter in her sunflower dress. Very suitable for a garden outing!
ReplyDeleteSadly I don't have a granddaughter. This little girl was very sweet, all dressed up with a sparkly golden sunflower on the front of her dress.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DeleteOh, what a scarecrow...special :))
ReplyDeleteLook at how beautiful the little girl is, such a gentle little heart!
A lot of effort from some! I keep meaning to enter the competition but never do. next year, perhaps!
DeleteI love all the scarecrows. Boohoo, I want one in my garden too. I suppose I'd have to make it though
ReplyDeleteI used to make a simple scarecrow when I had a large vegetable garden, just an old dress and sunhat. It looked rather ghostly!
DeleteThank you for sharing this helpful information. I was looking into Glass partition in Dubai and found the details useful for understanding the available options. It’s also helpful to compare Shower glass partition in dubai solutions based on design, quality, and installation requirements. Overall, a useful resource for anyone planning an office upgrade.
ReplyDeletePeople often take advantage of people when they are in need, which is extremely painful, but faith leads to the light at the end of the tunnel. I needed a loan, and a company I asked for help took advantage of me and left me in debt. However, because of my faith, I tried looking for help, and that's when I found macprivateinvestigators@gmail.com, who helped me out of debt by recovering the money that was stolen from me and even went so far as to compensate me with additional money that was recovered from the company.
ReplyDeleteDo you need a loan?
ReplyDeleteHello, I’m Davina Claire, a professional lender and financial advisor. I represent a trusted financial services firm dedicated to helping individuals and businesses access the funding they need—quickly and efficiently.
We offer a wide range of loan services, such as;
• Business Loans • Personal Loans • Mortgages • Project Financing
Why Choose Us?
✔ Fast approval & funding
✔ Flexible repayment terms (1–30 years)
✔ Competitive rates from 3%
✔ Simple process
✔ No hidden fees
Get the financial support you need—quickly and professionally.
Contact Us:
Email: noveltyfinances@gmail.com
WhatsApp: +447915601531
Intermediaries, consultants, and brokers are welcome.
Best regards,
Davina Claire
Financial Advisor & Lender
Thank you for sharing this helpful information. I was looking into Best movers in dubai and found the details useful for understanding the available options. It’s also helpful to compare Local movers in dubai solutions based on design, quality, and installation requirements. Overall, a useful resource for anyone planning an office upgrade.
ReplyDeleteLooking for a reliable private investigating services of any kind, macprivateinvestigators@gmail.com should be your stop and you will get what you seek if not more, i can boldly say this because i am a testifier of their expertise, they helped me recover funds from an investment company that claimed to be real but on the other hand they were not what they portray to be.
ReplyDelete