Friday, 14 August 2026

Garden party

This week I gave a garden party to raise funds for breast cancer research. I had breast cancer surgery last autumn and have received exellent ongoing care since then. Neighbours and friends that we have made since moving to Bournemouth came, ate cake, played games, bought plants from my plant stall and made up limericks for the limerick competition. I set out various small tables around the garden so that people could wander about and mingle. There is always plenty of shade in my garden, something I usually moan about but in the present weather an absolute godsend.
Food was on a table in the cool of the house so that people could wander in and out to refill their plates
and take a look at the plant stall as they walked past.
Thanks to everyone's generousity I raised £400 for breast cancer research!

No comments:

Post a Comment