Thursday 20 July 2023

Sweeping up!

You may think that because we now have a very much smaller garden than formerly there is little to do. It's not the case. We are involved in a lot of sweeping up as bits fall from the trees above us. I'm like the Greek ladies that I've often seen while on holiday, brush in hand clearing up the fallen debris. How to properly clean the verandah? I wish we knew! Himself has been up the ladder with a broom strapped to a length of bamboo doing the best he can. If anyone knows of a good product/system do let me know.
Every day there are fresh sweet pea flowers to pick and bring into the house. This mixed selection isn't as perfumed as I would like. Next year I shall look for seed that specifies a strong scent.
I've been swimming today and the sea is warming up nicely but it is hardly good summer weather. It is good to return home and sit in the warmth of the conservatory!
I hope that summer is proving good for you, not too hot, not too cold.

8 comments:

  1. Would the company that sells those roofs be able to tell you how to clean them although I suppose they may say we will do it for an exorbitant sum. Love the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a look online and there are any number of products. I think I'll start with one of the cheaper ones and see how I go!

      Delete
  2. As you may (or not) know from my blog, it's been rather hot here, but right now we have a respite - very nice to be able to let cooler air into the flat when for days on end, windows had to be closed and blinds shut to keep out the heat.
    Off to Yorkshire the day after tomorrow - I can't wait, and I don't care what the weather will be like as long as we can go for a walk every now and then :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Yorkshire, lucky you! I don't know when we shall be there next, it is a long drive to the Dales from Bournemouth. We are busy getting quotes for solar panels and secondary glazing in preparation for winter! I shall think of you walking on the heather moors.

      Delete
  3. A garden for all seasons! It looks lovely. But, I think if you have trees, you have leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only leaves, Tasker, but all manner of bits, pine cones, casings, flowers and seeds. But it is a pleasing task, rather zen, gentlly sweeping every morning.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful Garden but I remember your much larger one with fond memories but then I didn't have to take care of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I do miss my former garden, especially all the good things from the vegetable garden, but in a choice between garden and daughter there is no contest - being close to our daughter wins!

    ReplyDelete