Saturday 1 July 2023

Surprises

Anonymous greenery is starting to show it's colours. I looked skywards (come on rain, where are you!) and saw an enormous magnolia flower. Difficult to photograph. I hung out of the bedroom window but with no greater success. Never mind, I've spotted a couple of buds further down that I should be able to enjoy without difficulty.
Clematis tendrils weave through the planting.
I can see that the former owners liked strong reds and purples. This day lily has just come into flower and is a lovely splash of colour.
Himself has been busy restoring a rusty garden seat.
I'm missing the home grown fruit and veg that I've known for many years and my much-loved roses. But this little cutting of Raubritter has settled in well, and so, all things considered, have I.

7 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying your new garden and wonder whether other colours will appear as the seasons change. I know that at certain times of the year my garden turns mainly purple. That garden seat looks interesting. Do you have a growers market or market gardens where you can buy fresh vegetables?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a good fruit and veg shop nearby but it isn't the same as growing my own! I've yet to discover a growers market - that would be good.

      Delete
  2. That kind of surprise is the best!
    I imagine the restored garden seat will make for a beautiful spot in your garden to sit and read or enjoy a snack and cool drink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The seat will need a cushion if I'm to sit there for long!

      Delete
  3. Nice garden seat. Nice flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The seat certainly looks a lot better with the rust treated and a lick of paint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete