Thursday 10 May 2018

Bank Holiday

The Tour de Yorkshire took place last week, culminating on Sunday with the race passing through the village of my Yorkshire home. And we weren't there! We were at the other end of the country spending Bank Holiday with our grandson in Bournemouth. We didn't see the sea, either, because one hundred thousand holiday makers had descended on the beach and that sounded like a few too many for us. I watched the cycle race on tv, hoping for some lovely photos of the dale taken from the helicopter that was swooping about following the riders. The competitors toiled up Park Rash. Blimey, it takes me all my time to drive up it in the car!
 

Then they raced through the dale in a flash. I must have blinked because they were through my village before I knew it.
The rest of the family had set up camp in the back garden using the beach tent for shade.

Our boy thought it was great fun.
After the race I did a bit of gardening, clearing paths.
It's delightfully wild.


Hot, sunny days on a Bank Holiday.
Not very British, is it!


5 comments:

  1. Lovely time of year. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a warm weather person so this Bank Holiday suited me fine. Our daughter's garden is wild and will be a great playground when our grandson is older. I've already bought his dad a book on how to build tree houses!

      Delete
  2. I still check in on you and so enjoy your garden photos. I'll try to comment more. dang GK's (grandkids) keep me so busy but they are the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Poetess, author in print, etc.. I also pop over every now and then to see what you are up to. Congratulations!

      Delete
  3. Pretty projects and great idea,Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing !

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete