Monday 8 May 2023

My garden in May

Everything is coming into leaf and flower and I walk up and down the narrow gravel paths to see what I am able to recognise. Much of the planting remains a mystery. There are plant labels but few offer any enlightenment as they have become detached from any growth! The bunting came down today and is drying out in the kitchen before being packed away until the next big bash, whatever that might be. Plants climb and ramble through arches, wet leaves drip above and around me, there is quite a bit of cutting back to be done. I'm not a tidy person, so I'm enjoying a space like this that teeters on the edge of chaos.
I'm seeing colour patterns emerge, bronze leaves and purple lilac linking up with the maples.
There is plenty of ground cover at the moment but I wonder how it will fare when the mature trees all around us are fully in leaf. It's all to discover!

10 comments:

  1. So much colour and beauty, foliage and blossoms everywhere !
    I love seeing your bunting in the garden, so festive and British :)
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful plot with us today.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to hear from you, Jo. Bunting has been on display quite a bit in the last few years. I don't know when it will be hung up again!

      Delete
  2. It looks delightful. How exciting waiting to see what will emerge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having to show restraint and not buy any plants. It's hard!

      Delete
  3. I was going to say the same as Susan, it is exciting to discover how your garden changes with the seasons.
    Right now it is so lush!
    I am a tidy person in the house, but I love a somewhat wild overgrown garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a pleasure to see a plain green tree suddenly burst into fantastic colour! Happily there is now a strong move towards more unkempt gardening in order to provide habitats for wildlife.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I can see I have a lot of catching up to do! So many posts that I've missed. We spent the last two weeks in your beautiful country, traveling around the southwest area. We had such a lovely time! I love the photos of your garden. What fun to discover all the new (to you) plants that emerge each day as the season unfolds. It's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Kathy, you were in the south west and didn't get in touch!

      Delete
    2. So sad! I didn't even realize how close I probably was at the time. My husband and I were traveling with my son and his wife and following a pre-determined itinerary, too. I would have loved to connect with you!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete