Tuesday 29 August 2023

Fig streusel

This small paperback is one of my favourite recipe books but I hadn't made the fig streusel before. It is an easy crumble, and, as I do with most recipes these days, I cut down the amount of sugar and butter without harming the end result.
Next time I shall cram in more figs so that the centre will be really juicy. I also think I should have put more of the streusel mix on the bottom layer, less on top. so that the figs were visible (as the recipe book suggests!) My offering looks very plain.
But it tastes good!

6 comments:

  1. It can look as plain as it wants, as long as it tastes good! I imagine the scent when it was in the oven or just out... mmmh! (Can you tell I am between meals and could do with a cup of coffee and piece of cake right now?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good flavour and the almond topping makes a pleasing texture but I think it is important to also feast with the eye!

      Delete
  2. Post me some by Royal Mail, not Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favourite cook books, probably the one I have used the most, having baked several of the cakes with great success, although not this one yet!
    Yours looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jean, and welcome. I've been to take a look at your site and drooled over your baking! I often make Annie Bell's guilt free chocolate cake, although I don't use the filling. The fig and orange cake is another favourite. The paradise slice is EVIL!

      Delete