Sunday 5 November 2023

Bonfire night.

We woke to sunshine and I thought it would be good to go to the beach and collect some of the seaweed that had been washed up by the storm. Many people, like us, were making the most of the lovely weather to stroll along the seafront, A number of people came up to talk to me as I was bagging the seaweed. They wanted to know why I was collecting it. Sometimes I feel that I was born into the wrong century, but perhaps it's just as well that I'm in the 21st century and have avoided the ducking stool! I looked more like a bag lady than a wise woman pulling my spoils up to the car.
In the afternoon I made some gingerbread men - and women - for bonfire night.
The fun started as soon as it was dark. Fortified with hot dogs, onion rings, sweet potato fries, homemade fudge, buns and biscuits we sat around the fire pit and ooed and aaad to the fireworks. (I'm still of the opinion that it's hard to beat a good sparkler!)
When you have a six year old for company it's magical!

5 comments:

  1. Next time we go to the beach I really must put a container in the car in case there is any seaweed washed up. Great for the garden. Sparklers are my favorite firework. I don't like bangers at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't have any loud fireworks as we were in our daughter's garden and their neighbours have a dog. We all enjoyed the sparklers, as you can see!

      Delete
  2. Sparklers are magical no matter how old we are, aren't they! In the third picture from the bottom up, I can spot a small shiny white "angel" sparkling in front of your grandson.
    By the way, you look nothing like a bag lady!
    I bet your house was all gingerbread-scented after your baking session.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh, that sounds like great fun. It´s just lovely how you respect the neighbours dog. In my country unfortunately not many have this respect for animals. The loud fireworks on nationalday are crazy and I´m always feeling with the animals ... not only my own cat but also the wild animals, who can´t hide. But I do love sparklers since my childhood. Have a lovely weekend.
    Alex

    ReplyDelete