Sunday 3 December 2017

Christmas shopping

Every first Sunday in the month the town of Frome closes the streets to traffic and holds a market. There's lots of bric-a-brac, you never know what you might find.We had intended to arrive early in order to beat the rush, but the book group had met at our house last night and we didn't get to bed until way after midnight. We arrived in town about ten o'clock and some people were already leaving. A stall holder told us that customers had been waiting while she was setting up her stall at eight in the morning!

Some stalls are just a jumble of random objects, but others, such as, 'Number Ten' are always beautifully presented.
Last time I bought some individual jelly moulds and was on the lookout for more. No luck. I liked this little cat mould but the interior was rusty.

Never mind. I kept calm and carried on.






I bought some lovely things. Can't tell you what they are.
Shush, they're going to be wrapped up for Christmas!




4 comments:

  1. Always nice to visit a bric-a-brac market and certainly when you find some treasures as Christmas present for familly and friends.
    Nice photo series,
    regards, Janneke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a lovely atmosphere at the market, everyone in a happy mood. I'm very pleased with my purchases.

      Delete
  2. So much fun! I love bric a bracs and flea markets!! But somehow people around here seem to think their "junk" is priceless now with the "vintage" craze and it's not even worth going to. Those Oxo boxes are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the things for sale make me smile because I've got the same stuff kicking about at home - I could easily set up stall myself! It's always worth a poke about, however, because while some prices are ridiculous there is always the chance of finding a bargain.

      Delete