Friday 16 August 2024

A good day.

We woke to a clear blue sky. Change of plans, we would head straight to the beach. If we get there before nine in the morning we can park the car with ease and walk down to the beach through the tropical garden. Half way down the path I always stop and look to see what the sea is doing, are there waves to jump about in or is it calm enough for a good swim? Also, is a strong wind blowing. I can't tell these things when we are at home surrounded by large trees and shrubs. I'm hopeful that the wind will be slight. The sea is a good temperature now, no problem in wading in, but if a wind is blowing it can feel a bit nippy once you leave the water. Ah, just a gentle swell and a quiet beach, just as I like it.
Families were arriving as we packed up to leave. Then it was home to our shady garden.
In the late afternoon, when the weather had cooled a little, we went to the allotment for another session of clearing the ground.
That's what I call a good day!

15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfectly lovely post. I do envy your beach. We are landlocked here, hours from the ocean. That last picture just made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds a perfect day. The beach photos could well be the Mediterranean.

      Delete
    2. You are smiling at me in my happy place - a wonky shed! Actually two happy places because I also love being by the sea, and in it whenever the conditions are good.

      Delete
    3. Hi, Susan. I agree. There is a certain view through the trees when I walk in the garden down to the beach which always reminds me of the south of France.

      Delete
  3. Nice peaceful photos. The sea looks blue and you look content.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Later in the day the beach will have been rammed with folk but first thing in the morning it is perfect.

      Delete
  4. A Very Good Day, I‘d say!
    I love the photo of you in the shed, you look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also exhausted. Two hours of digging is my limit now. It was good to sit down in the hut with my flask of coffee!

      Delete
  5. A perfect day, accomplishing many things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know that a great deal was actually accomplished but I am slowly moving forward at the allotment. It's very satisfying!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hi Tom, good to hear from you. I'm feeling more at home now that I've got a shed (slightly wonky) and some earth to dig in.

      Delete
  7. It does sound like a good day.

    ReplyDelete