Monday 22 July 2024

Blueberries and flowers

At the weekend, on a rather soggy day, I went with the family to the pick-your-own blueberry farm. The bushes were laden with berries but we didn't pick a large amount as they are in need of some sunshine to ripen and sweeten the fruit. We shall return in a week or so if the weather bucks it's ideas up.
It is a nice place to be as there is also a pick-your-own flower field and a charming café where the ceiling is hung with flowers. I had called in at the allotment in the morning where I was delighted to see that my name on the waiting list was looking more hopeful. I'm wanting to have a cutting patch so I studied the staking system in the fields with interest.
Corner posts and wide netting to grow through seem to do an excellent job.
The café is newly built and very pleasing with flowers everywhere!

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful place to visit. What is the flower in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely place. There were two different dried flowers hanging, delphiniums and another, I took only a hurried photo as a couple were eating their meal beneath!

      Delete
  2. I've never seen a pick-your-own flower field. What a splendid idea. The cafe looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cafe is newly built and nicely planted outside, but too damp for us to sit down there. I had a phone call this morning to say that a half plot at the allotments is available. Hurrah, I plan to have a picking flower patch!

      Delete
  3. I would really enjoy that cafe! And I am intrigued at the neeting system to hold up the flowers. A neighbor uses that kind of net for his green beans to climb on. That was the first time I have seen it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to buy some of that netting and have a go!

      Delete
  4. The café looks like my kind of place.
    Love the cornflowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cornflowers were beautiful, I love blue flowers and shall definitely try for the same effect.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete