Wednesday 28 October 2020

Autumn weather


It isn't sunshine and showers but heavy downpours with the occasional tempting promise of sun, a rainbow to admire and then another cold sharp squall. Leaves are whirling off the trees and the ground underfoot is sodden.

Ah, to be in Blighty now that autumn's here!











I picked some bedraggled flowers in the garden. They have no impact outside so late in the season but it pleases me that when I bring even the most forlorn specimens into the house they put on quite a decent show.


























We are always sorry when it becomes too chill and damp to sit in the greenhouse any longer. (It becomes useful at Christmas when it functions as a large overspill fridge!)










WOOooo!











5 comments:

  1. Flowers cheer up any place, don't they, especially when outside it is gloomy and gets dark so early.
    I guess if I had a greenhouse/conservatory, I would be sitting in it all year - maybe not for long when it is cold, but wrapped up in a blanket and with a mug of steaming hot tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are always loathe to leave the greenhouse at the end of summer, but it becomes a damp, chill spot, any low sun hidden behind our neighbour's tall fir trees. You would need blanket, hot drink AND a heater! Chairs and cushions have now been brought into the house for the winter.

      Delete
  2. I love your little pumpkin!!! :) Beautiful flowers Rosemary, and what a lovely rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little immature squash from the garden for my halloween lantern, not a great deal of effort involved!

      Delete
  3. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete