Sunday 20 September 2020

Sunday morning walk.

 

Another beautiful day, so we put on our boots to walk down to the small pond at the bottom of the woods. The blacksmith was passing by as we came out of our garden gate and he stopped for a chat. He was exercising the mare who had given birth to a foal in the summer. She is a lovely horse and she waited patiently while we talked.






We had the lake to ourselves.

 












































It was dry underfoot until we reached the bottom path. here it is generously wide but always muddy in places where water seeps down through the trees to the stream. In winter  the route is often unwalkable. Sound is muffled by the tall trees and all that we can hear now is our boots on the ground and the gurgle of the stream.









At the pond there is a flash of brilliant blue as the resident kingfisher skims away from us over the water. He is a regular sight, but I have never managed to get a photo of him!





























The pond feels to be a secret place. It has two small islands on it. There are often deer prints on the path, they must come here to drink.

















                                        The filtered light is lovely in the woods.


                              And there were blackberries to pick for lunch!







22 comments:

  1. I am now totally relaxed just walking through your photographs. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you enjoyed the walk, Bonnie.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely place to walk and berries to boot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The berries are going over now but we found enough to add to the windfall apples for lunch.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photographs .... we have a similar walk near to us with acres of lakes and walks. Kingfishers are my favourite .... that flash of turquoise is all you normally see ... they are so fast. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a wonderful colour. I would love to get a photo.

      Delete
  4. It looks like a wonderful place for a walk! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Jenn. But not so much fun in the winter when we slither in the mud!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the walk. I love a forest path - so serene and peaceful. And blackberries too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had meant to photograph the blackberries when I'd cooked them with some windfall apples. Quite forgot, and we ate them all!

      Delete
  6. Blacksmith, woods, pond; it sounds and looks like you're living in a storybook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Himself tells me that I should be calling the blacksmith a farrier as his business is with horses and not all about bending bits of metal. I stand corrected.
      My life certainly doesn't seem to have much to do with the 21st century. Can't get the spacing right on new blogger no matter how I try!

      Delete
  7. A lovely place for walking in all seasons, but there is something truly special about woodland in autumn, isn't there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A gentle autumn day in the woods with crisp leaves underfoot is pretty hard to beat.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Ours was a gentle amble, no blisters for us, Tasker!

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete