Sunday, 30 August 2026
Rain at last!
At last we have had a couple of really good downpours. Hurray, the tyranny of the watering cans is over! I was very pleased with myself for having cleaned out the empty water butts before the rain came. We have had some lovely evening walks during this continental summer; bleached grasses, golden colours on the leaves, dry underfoot and no need to carry a mac. The local golf course looked like a desert but it was beautiful on the heath.
This rowan tree looked splendid, holding onto it's berries, although the top of the tree was bare and had obviously strugged with the lack of water.
Back at home we have tended to skulk in the gazebo or the conservatory. At least there I've been able to water freely with our soapy bath water and the flowers have so far not complained.
The conservatory has a number of plaster casts. The female face is a cast of the stone face that was built into the house that my father built in the 1930's.
The male figures are not altogether complete!
I have had some lovely swims at the beach. Sometimes I go down intending to swim and the waves are too strong. I have to be realistic as to what I can and cannot do and getting knocked over by a stong surf is something to avoid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment