Friday 31 August 2018

Skywatch Friday in the Yorkshire Dales

It's still summer - just, and we were in Yorkshire with the family for the August Bank Holiday. As often seems to be the case when it's an official holiday the weather was a bit 'glichy', one day fine, another day not. Above the outfall of the beck the plywood letters spelling out the dale were still in place, erected by the villagers when the tour de Yorkshire cycle race took place earlier in the year. They were placed to capture the attention of the cameramen as they swept up and down the dale in their helicopter. I doubt the letters will last the winter, the weather hereabouts can be cruel!
Looking down on the village where my parents lived.

Sharing a watery sky with Skywatch Friday.

8 comments:

  1. A pretty sky and beautiful waterfall. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those falls! (My dad was from Yorkshire.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. I wonder where they got that idea...

    ReplyDelete
  4. There just is nothing more beautiful that those patchwork fields.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every photo was a joy.

    cheers, parsnip and badger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! The Dales are on my wishlist of places to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely water fall captures . Please tell something about my captures on my blog.

    ReplyDelete